The successful candidate will work with organizational leadership and partners to develop and execute Resolve’s newest initiative, the Identity Narrative Framework. You will help ensure the success of this initiative, making sure implementation is in accordance with the budget, timeline, and partner expectations. Additionally, you will work with consultants and project partners to manage the editorial process of a digital style guide, a central component of the Identity Narrative Framework. Partner and community engagement is a big part of all of the roles at Resolve Philadelphia. Our small-but-mighty team of talented and creative individuals work together to build and maintain relationships with partners in media, academia and research, education, community organizing and advocacy, philanthropy, business, and government.
What You’ll Do
- Provide oversight of, and help
leadershipto establish editorial parameters for, the licensing, compiling, formatting, and editing of resources, ensuring that projects are on track from an editorial perspective
- Coordinate with authors, editors, reviewers, and publishers, as necessary, to ensure that assigned projects are delivered within deadlines
- Review, edit, and format project deliverables; hire/oversee copyeditors, proofreaders, translation services for projects, as necessary
- Manage budgets for special projects
- Provide regular status reports to project partners and organizational leadership
- Meet regularly with partners, stakeholders, and collaborators
Who You Are
- You are a proactive self-starter and creative-thinker with 3+ years in project management.
- You are kind, outgoing, a whiz with spreadsheets, and can operate fluidly in tech tools for project management.
- You have exceptional writing and editing skills and an interest in news and information delivery.
- You are highly organized, pay close attention to details, and are excellent with time-management and prioritization.
- You carry a passion for equitable and collaborative news production and dissemination and a practical knowledge of the editorial process
- You work well independently but enjoy being a part of a team and you’re excited to be involved in the development of a startup organization that is locally rooted and nationally relevant.
- Fluency in Spanish or another language is a plus.
- Knowledge of Airtable is a plus.
This position is 40 hours/week, with occasional evening/weekend commitments. Bonus if you reside in Philadelphia, but we are open to hiring someone to work remotely from a reasonable travel distance away (PA, NJ, NY, DE, DC area) and who can make occasional visits to Philly. If living here, the Project Editor will split their time between working at Resolve Philadelphia’s co-working space in Center City and working virtually from the location of their choice. The salary range for this position is $57- 60k annually. Resolve is unable to offer an employer-sponsored health plan at this time,
To apply, please click here to submit your resume and cover letter. Formerly incarcerated people, LGBTQ people, immigrants and people of color encouraged to apply.
Please apply by March 8, 2019.
Resolve Philadelphia develops and advances journalism built on equity, collaboration and the elevation of community voices and solutions. Our flagship initiative is the Resolve Reporting Collaborative, currently comprised of more than twenty Philadelphia news organizations working together to produce Broke in Philly, a citywide reporting project on economic mobility. Check it out at http://brokeinphilly.org/. Join our high-performing team of believers, builders, creators, doers, and achievers. See what we’re all about on Twitter @brokeinphilly, @resolvephilly, @jeannyfr, and @cassiegoeschirp.