What is Structural Equity?
Resolve Philly defines an equitable structure as one that:
- acknowledges the potency of diversity and belonging
- embraces complexity as a reason for collaboration
- recognizes individuals as experts and thought leaders
- demands honesty + transparency and calls out racism + oppression, overt + systemic
- builds power and momentum towards achieving goals while encouraging the grace and humility to sustain the endeavor.
Equity within any organization requires that we understand the past without getting stuck there, work in the present without being constrained by it, and keep the future at the forefront of our work